6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
The Rhode Island Board of Education and the Rhode Island Department of Education are thrilled to launch Rhode Islandís PK-12 strategic planning process, which will result in a statewide vision for education through 2020.†The Rhode Island Council on Elementary and Secondary Education wants your input to direct our state's Strategic Plan for Education for the next five years.†Click on the link below to take part in the survey.
- Students without lunch money will be allowed to charge a lunch, and repayment is expected within two (2) school days
- When a studentís balance reaches negative ten dollars (-$10.00) or below, the student will receive a lunch consisting of a cheese sandwich, fruit, and milk.† This will be in place of a full hot lunch.† You will be charged full price for this lunch, and the charge will be added to your negative balance.† You can avoid this by arranging a payment plan with†Aramark
- The Food Service Vendor and building principal will be made aware of any negative lunch balances below -$10.00
- Parents are expected to pay the balances in full by the end of the school year; NO balances will be carried forward to next year
- Please submit a free/reduced lunch application if necessary.† It is also recommended that†www.myschoolbucks.com†be utilized to make payments and/or keep track of your childís balance
Earth Day Essay Contest
† †Grade level assemblies
† †A musical performance by recording artist Christina Holmes
† †Presentations including Westerly High School students
† †Announcement of the Pink Shirt Day video contest winners
† †A musical performance featuring staff members during lunches
† †A chalk art event including positive, anti-bullying drawings and messages
Screening for scoliosis is private.† Screenings are conducted in the nursesí clinic and no student gets undressed.† This is a very simple screening and it takes only a few minutes per student.† If you object to the screening, based upon your religious beliefs, please notify me in writing prior to the announced screening dates in late May.
∑†††††††† Scoliosis is the most common deformity of the spine, affecting two to three percent of the U.S. population, or an estimated 7 million Americans.
∑†††††††† One quarter of children with spinal curves require medical attention.
∑†††††††† The primary age of onset is between the ages of 10 and 15.
∑†††††††† Equal numbers of males and females have scoliosis, but females are eight times more likely to have a curve progress to a stage that requires treatment.
∑†††††††† Scoliosis can run in families, and a child who has a relative with the condition should be checked regularly.
∑†††††††† The screening test for scoliosis is non-invasive, takes approximately 30 seconds, and could save a child you know years of pain in the future
∑†††††††† Early diagnosis is the key to providing the best treatment.
July 6-17, 2015
August 3-14, 2015
Click on the image below for informational flyer and application.